Research Paper Topics Related To Hamlet: Top 20 Questions
Among the tragedies written by Shakespeare, Hamlet is arguably the most controversial one. It has also been credited for having produced one of the greatest lines in literature. But how exactly do you go about an academic paper on the drama?
It all starts with the research topic that you have selected for the paper. Most people tend to get it wrong here. Here is some help for you.
20 interesting research paper topics on Hamlet
- Hamlet is often lauded as the language’s first modern play. Determine the characteristics of one of the central characters that account for this
- There is an overwhelming presence of death in the entire play. Hamlet makes a speech to the skull of Yorick. Is that a symbolism of death
- How would Freud look up to the relationship between Hamlet and his mother in your view? Will Oedipus complex come into play?
- Explore the famous speech by Hamlet in the first scene of the third act.
- Look at Hamlet as the mastery of someone that wanted to create one play within another.
- Why do you feel death is a constant end in the tragedies written by Shakespeare?
- Is Hamlet in your view just a traditional play on revenge? Do you feel there are other angles to it as well
- Talk in length about the setting of the play
- What is the significance of a ghost appearing in the beginning of the play?
- Why do all tragedies of Shakespeare including Hamlet, feature the occult?
- Can a corrupt ruler preside over a healthy state? How long can such an arrangement last?
- Comment on some important foils Shakespeare organized for the play? How is each of these foils relevant?
- What is the significance of the gravediggers when Act V begins?
- What according to you are the five factors that drive the central theme of Hamlet?
- There are three distinct plots of revenge in Hamlet. Identify and comment
- Can Hamlet be placed as one among top three tragedies by Shakespeare? Justify your answer
- Is it true that Hamlet’s mother is a semi femme fatal in the play?
- Sanity, madness and melancholy: how has Shakespeare fused the three elements in Hamlet?
- Reason and passion: what does Hamlet have to do with these factors?
- Analyze the character of Hamlet based on the number of themes in the play.